Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall TV Comedies: All-New Shows - "New Girl" (Fox)

WARNING: This content can be blunt, and I can only claim that these reviews reflect MY opinions.

"New Girl" (Fox):
I enjoyed the pilot (and Damon Wayans Jr. was in the pilot before leaving the show since ABC's "Happy Endings" was renewed for this season, and I think he was funnier on "Girl" than on "Endings"). However, something felt a little off in the second episode and I haven't watched again but might pick up later. The cast mostly seem to be talented actors, but Zooey Deschanel carries this show. At first, I didn't think she was "that girl" like everyone says, but her quirkiness and cute charm grow on me and to me she's more beautiful for it. Plus she's an incredibly talented singer. The show itself, I feel, can really grow into the next funny, quirky sensation. I've just been watching all the other pilots and a few syndicated reruns, too, so I had to drop this one for now. But I can get on Hulu and watch the episodes online at the library and catch up to it. I'm not hooked yet, but it could happen.

No comments: