Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Five Month Bridge

Hey, well apparently I have not posted at all since February of this year. Everything has been going great, though. I finished out school learning some more new stuff. One of the most valuable skills I learned this semester was the use of Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML). For more on that, go to http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp. I also learned a great deal more about computers. The things I learned include networking/security, the workings of computer hardware, relational database management systems (RDBMS), and social networking (including data mining). Speaking of relational database management systems, there are at least two kinds of systems that people use to manage relational databases. They are known as SQL Server (SQL = Structured Query Language) and Oracle. To find out more about SQL, go to http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp.

I have also worked quite a bit and gotten to know some new people there. Because a bigger company bought my company out, there have been more new management and more new employees (on what seems like every week).

I've also made a few new friends. We have met each other in classes and other different functions at school. Some of us get together and work out at the gym, play video games, eat out, be social, have coffee, and watch movies. I also try to make sure that I keep in touch with old friends and with family. I am also coming out of my shell more and trying new things (more dating, eating coffee beans), reading new books, listening to different kinds of music, and occasionally watching a new movie or television program. I also went to Charleston and Folly Beach. I had a blast checking out the downtown Charleston scene but got scorched on my last day (which was spent at the beach). I have so much more I want to tell you but I am getting sleepy. I'm going to stop for now.

No comments: