Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just another day...

Hey guys...well today was a more lazy day for me than usual. I slept in until nearly 12:30 p.m., then got up, ate leftovers for brunch, cleaned myself, and watched a bit of tv (mostly reruns-"King of the Hill", "The King of Queens", "Two and a half Men", "Family Guy"). I went to the Olive Garden restaurant with my mom and had a delicious vegetarian soup (Minestrone), some breadsticks, and the Five Cheese Ziti al Forno (all were delicious!). I was also supposed to visit my friend Jared's (you know who you are) parents tonight...and totally forgot at the last minute! I went on a walk with my mom and it sprinkled some rain the entire time we walked. The most exciting part of my night (if you want to call it that) happened when I went downtown to return a couple of library books, and "lo and behold" I decide to check out Music on Main for a few minutes. The crowd was great for the East Coast music, and I walked around for a few minutes...then left. I went inside the library to return the books and do something else. I then headed over to Starbucks and had a couple of hot teas (thanks to my friend, Daniel)...I love hot teas now, by the way! I had the Earl Grey and the Passion. I sat at the shop and drank the Earl Grey while reading articles in the Spartanburg Journal, the Escape, the Link, the Root, and also was trying to fill out a job application (I'm reapplying for USC Upstate's Carolinian newspaper). I read a couple of interesting articles during my time reading and pondered upon a couple of intereting Link articles (one was about speed dating-which supposedly isn't for "losers" hard-up for a date-and the subtle "do's" and "don't's" of speed dating, and I happened across an article that there is going to be a new film school starting up in Greenville). I am particularly excited about the film school because I love making movies and messing with computer graphics occasionally, and I want to take some classes in this someday. I will tell you more about this stuff that is coming in an upcoming blog post "Total Randomness"...

No comments: